Photovoltaic solar cells convert sunlight into electricity. Photovoltaic solar panels are made of silicon crystals, the major component of sand.
Electricity is then passed into an inverter:
- Converts DC current into AC current
- AC current is the form of electricity appliances require
AC Current is passed onto your home electrical box.
- Take whatever electricity you require
- Excess electricity goes onto the electric grid
- Any electricity going onto the grid spins the meter backwards, qualifying the property owner for an electricity credit
The Solar System is monitored to ensure optimum performance
If the solar system is not performing at 100%, steps can be taken to fix the problem